... I'm going to be clear about some of the things that I like and don't like about the comics, its a work in progress and subject to changes as I go along but in general this is the list.
Things that don’t bother me and that I’ve enjoyed of the S8 Comics:
- Dawn’s plot with. Don’t care if she was a giant, a centaur or a doll. Don’t care if it’s ridiculous not making a big effort to turn her back. It just doesn’t bother me and many times it even amuses me.
- Buffy/Satsu. Not only did It not bother me, but I loved It on account of being a refreshing relationship for Buffy. And Satsu’s pretty cool.
- Vampires’ new found popularity and Harmony. Unless Harmony winds up dead, then I’d be pissed. Seriously, people are stupid; give them a good amount of publicity and propaganda and they’ll believe anything. Most plausible scenario ever conceived in the comics.
- Xander. He’s been awesome in the comics, the kind of which I never got in the show.
- Some slayers going evil. Power corrupts, deal with it.
- Xander/ Dawn. So far their interactions have been the most fun. And hey! if other things develop who can blame them?
- Buffy robbing banks. Mmm doesn’t bother me as much as it should probably because I trust Buffy enough to know she wouldn’t hurt any innocent bystanders to get the money. As far as criminal acts go, robbing banks is pretty mild. Drug trafficking, people trafficking, extortion, and killing seem worse somehow. O.o
- Buffy/Andrew bonding time. Of course the flipside is the Spike thing. Shippers will be shippers.
- Faith and Giles’s arch.
- I love the cover artwork of every single issue.
Things that bother me, in other of importance:
- The fact that for a while there they fucked up Buffy and Faith strained relationship even more. I have serious love for Buffy/Faith friendship.
- Riley. I don’t like Riley on principle, I can do without his face anytime but I’m also not convinced he’d be the type to actively hunt Buffy down. And if he is some sort of mole the slayers have working for them I’d be even more pissed cause the last thing I want is for Riley to end up like a freaking hero. Lose-lose situation for cardboard.
- The mere thought of Xander/Buffy . As far as I know (haven’t read the latest issue but I’m a bit spoiled) it won’t happen, but the idea… and the idea of the idea being in Buffy’s head. *shudders*
- Warren and Amy.
- Twilight talks too much.
- Not knowing if Buffy knows anything about Spike or what went down in LA. Shippers will be shippers.*shurgs*
- Slayers trying to suppress their power. Wrong, just wrong.
- Willow. Gahhh I’ve enjoyed Kennedy for Christ´s sake . Willow just stopped being an interesting character.
- Drawings of characters in general. There are exceptions at time but ….
ION I re-watched Angel S1. I'm not going to talk about the show, because I need to clear my thoughts. Well I kinda have a new found love for Angel. But I won't go into that.
I will say this about Buffy though, all through her entire show, I've loved her, I just don't have it in me to hate her no matter how much she hurts Spike, or how annoying she got in S7, or how she over protects Dawn sometimes.Sure, I've been pissed at her, specially in Entropy. And I loved her. she kicks ass and she's pretty awesome. A hell of a woman some might say. But those 2 times she crossed over to AtS?? I hate her, I hate how much she turns into the type of girly girl I can't stand every time she looks at Angel. I hate the hurt looks she throws I hate that she lets Angel say things to her that out of line. Grrrr I just can't stand her, I wanna slap her and tell her she's a ridiculous idiot.
Bangel crossovers suck in any way shape or form.